Thing need consider when find medication pocket book for nurses 2018?
When it comes to choosing your medication pocket book for nurses 2018, there are hundreds of different choices. In our review, weve considered all the various features youll need to know before buying the best medication pocket book for nurses 2018. We hope that through this article, with our comparison table, in-detail review of each product can help you decide which one is your best medication pocket book for nurses 2018.
Best medication pocket book for nurses 2018
Best medication pocket book for nurses 2018 buying guide
We understand that you may have tons of questions when you are going to buy medication pocket book for nurses 2018:
- What is the best medication pocket book for nurses 2018 for 2020, for 2019 or even 2018 (old models)?
- What is the best medication pocket book for nurses 2018 to buy?
- Where I can find top rated medication pocket book for nurses 2018?
- or even What is the best affordable (best budget, best cheap or even best expensive!!!) medication pocket book for nurses 2018?…
All of these above questions make you crazy whenever coming up with them. We know your feelings because we used to be in this weird situation when searching for medication pocket book for nurses 2018.
Before deciding to buy any medication pocket book for nurses 2018, make sure you research and read carefully the buying guide somewhere else from trusted sources. We will not repeat it here to save your time.
You will know how you should choose medication pocket book for nurses 2018 and What you should consider when buying the medication pocket book for nurses 2018 and Where to Buy or Purchase the medication pocket book for nurses 2018. Just consider our rankings above as a suggestion. The final choice is yours.
That’s why we use Big Data and AI to solve the issue. We use our own invented, special algorithms to generate lists of the best brands medication pocket book for nurses 2018.
You could see the top 10 medication pocket book for nurses 2018 of 2020 below. The lists of best products are updated regularly, so you can be sure that the information provided is up-to-date.
1. 2019 Lippincott Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses
The mini drug monographs include generic and trade names, drug class, pregnancy risk category and controlled substance schedule, black box warnings, indications & dosages, dose adjustments, adverse effects, drug interactions, nursing considerations, and patient teaching. Detailed appendices cover topical and ophthalmic medications, laxatives, combination products, contraceptives, and biological agents (vaccines).
The pocket-sized 2019Lippincott's Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses will quickly become your go-to-guidefor importantdrug facts andvital patient safety tips & alerts.
2. Nursing2020 Drug Handbook (Nursing Drug Handbook)
Look for these outstanding features
- Completely updated nursing-focused drug monographs featuring o ver 3,700 generic, brand-name, and combination drugs in an easy A-to-Z format
- NEW 34 brand-new FDA-approved drugs in this edition, including 31 complete monographstabbed and conveniently grouped in a handy new drugs section for easy retrieval
- NEW More than 8,100 clinical updates new dosages and indications, Black Box warnings, adverse reactions, nursing considerations, clinical alerts, and patient teaching information
- NEW ISMP-recommended tall-man lettering for look alikesound alike drugs
- Special focus on U.S. and Canadian drug safety issues and concerns
- Photoguide insert with images of 455 commonly prescribed tablets and capsules
- Monthly FDA updates featuring newly approved drugs, indications, and warnings
- Pharmacology videos, audio pronunciation guide, and English-Spanish translator
- Equianalgesic dosing guidelines for opioid drugs
- Mechanisms and sites of action graphics for selected drugs
- NCLEX-style questions, free CE tests, plus bonus discountsand more!
Table of Contents
Anatomy of a monograph...............................................................inside front cover
Contributors and consultants...................................................................................v
How to use Nursing2019 Drug Handbook ...............................................................vi
Quick guide to special symbols, logos, and highlighted terms................................ix
Guide to Abbreviations.............................................................................................x
1. Drug actions, interactions, and reactions
2. Drug therapy across the lifespan
3. Safe drug administration
4. Selected therapeutic drug classifications
Alphabetical listing of drugs by generic name
1. Avoiding common drug errors: Best practices and prevention
2. Pregnancy risk categories: The FDA's Final Rule
3. Controlled substance schedules
4. Abbreviations to avoid (The Joint Commission)
5. Pediatric drugs commonly involved in drug errors
6. Elder care medication tips
7. Prescription drug abuse: Identifying and treating toxicity
8. Understanding biosimilar drugs
9. Nursing process: Patient safety during drug therapy
10. Serotonin syndrome: What you should know to protect your patients
11. Tumor lysis syndrome: A life-threatening emergency
12. Antidiarrheals: Indications and dosages
13. Antidotes: Indications and dosages
14. Selected biologicals and blood derivatives: Indications and dosages
15. Common combination drugs: Indications and dosages
16. Vaccines and toxoids: Indications and dosages
17. Vitamins and minerals: Indications and dosages
18. Antacids: Indications and dosages
19. Laxatives: Indications and dosages
20. Additional OTC drugs: Indications and dosages
21. Selected ophthalmic drugs: Indications and dosages
22. Do not use: Dangerous Abbreviations, symbols, and dose designations (ISMP Canada)
23. Decision tree: Deciding about medication administration
24. Canadian National Drug Schedules
25. Safe disposal of unused drugs: What patients need to know
26. Therapeutic drug monitoring guidelines
27. Less commonly used drugs: Indications and dosages
28. Additional new drugs: Indications and dosages
3. 2020 Lippincott Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses
DescriptionThe 2020 Lippincott Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses provides current, vital drug information in a nutshell. Based on the popular Lippincotts Nursing Drug Guide by Amy Karch, this handy pocket guide by the same author gives essential information on over 4,100 medications, including 48 generic drugs newly approved by the FDA, in an easy-access A-to-Z format.
The mini drug monographs include generic and trade names, drug classes, pregnancy risk category and controlled substance schedule, black box warnings, indications & dosages, dose adjustments, adverse effects, drug interactions, nursing considerations, and patient teaching. A special section following the A-to-Z drugs provides essential Patient Safety information. Appendices cover topical and ophthalmic medications, laxatives, combination products, contraceptives, biological agents (vaccines), and more.
4. Emergency & Critical Care Pocket Guide
DescriptionNOTE: The Copyright date (2014) of the item is different from the publishing date (2016).
The most popular pocket reference in emergency nursing - now in a new edition! The Emergency amp; Critical Care Pocket Guide has been an essential resource for physicians, paramedics, and nurses for over a decade. The Pocket Guide consolidates critical information found in desk references into a convenient 3"x5" pocket-size format that is handy enough to take with you anywhere. The Revised Eighth Edition features: bull; Updated information on poisons and emergency medications bull; New ECG rhythm strips bull; Common drugs sections bull; Updated pediatric medications bull; Revised Spanish section bull; Straightforward medical emergency treatments
5. RNotes: Nurse's Clinical Pocket Guide
A Daviss Notes title!
Your one-stop source for class, clinical, and practice!
Access the clinically oriented content you need to deliver safe and effective health care in hospital and home settings for all of your patients. Its handy pocket size and waterproof pages are great for students and educators on the go, while NCLEX tips, highlighted throughout, make it perfect for those preparing for the licensure exam.
See what students and practitioners are saying online about the previous edition
Five Stars. Perfect and fits right in your scrubs pockets! Recommend for any nursing student or RN in the field.Rachel Seaver
Essential for first year nursing. This flipbook is perfect for first year nurses because it presents valuable information in an easy to flip, erasable pad. The book has everything from lab values, CPR techniques, assessment data, insulin regimens, tables of meds that counteract each other, and I/O figures for measurement.B. Emory
Great reference without lugging heavy books around. Worth every penny.Brittany Bleu
Has all the essential things you need for clinical... All the info that you've learned but may not remember on the spot, has helped me immensely in clinical.Kathryn Mathews
6. Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses
Daviss Drug Guide for Nurses, Sixteenth Edition delivers all of the information you need to administer medications safely across the lifespanwell-organized monographs for hundreds of generic and thousands of trade-name drugs.
FREE DIGITAL ACCESS
Redeem the access code inside to unlock your one-year, free subscription to Daviss Drug Guide Online, powered by Unbound Medicine. Its accessible from your desktop, laptop, or any mobile device with a web browser
- 5,000-drug database and appendices
- Cross-referencing of drugs
- FDA drug news
LIFE-SAVING GUIDANCE ... AT A GLANCE
- Red tab for high alert medications, plus in-depth high alert and patient safety coverage
- Red, capitalized letters for life-threatening side effects
- NEW! REP heading for use of drugs in males and females of reproductive age
- Drug-drug, drug-food, drug-natural product interactions
- Pedi, Geri, OB, and Lactation cautions
- IV administration subheads
- REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies) icon
- Pharmacogenomic content and icon
- Canadian-specific content
- Much more!
LEARNING, CARE-PLANNING, AND PATIENT EDUCATION TOOLS
Online at DavisPlus
- Pronunciation library for 1,200+ drug names
- Preventing med errors and psychotropic drug tutorials, each with a self-test
- Calculators for body mass index (BMI), metric conversions, IV drip rates, dosage/kg, and Fahrenheit/Celsius
- Interactive case studies, brief, real-life scenarios that are followed by a series of question
- Video clips illustrating the safe administration of medications
- Animations demonstrating the administration and absorption of oral drugs
Reviews for Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 15th Edition:
Invaluable. This resource has been invaluable for my clinicals and pharm class.CJ Bob
Perfect for a nursing student. I feel that I didn't need my pharmacology book, and could have just used this. It's organized and comprehensive, and for each drug has nursing implications with assessments, "potential" nursing diagnoses, teaching, and evaluations.Amazon Reviewer
This is your book. If you want to know about drugs, this is your book. Very thorough and helpful with my nursing classes.Michael Grewing.
Use this every day! The most helpful book ever created for Pharmacology! I use this every single day!C. Kelly
A Must-Have. An absolute must have. Great Book.Rocco DeMario
Hands down the best drug guide. I am very pleased with this drug guide. I am in nursing school and this is the best drug guide hands down. I used other brands and I feel this is more organized and better to understand.Carolina Cruz
7. Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia 2019 Classic Shirt-Pocket Edition
DescriptionThe most popular and trusted source of portable drug information since 1987.
Used by prescribers around the world, including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, physician assistants, dentists, and medical transcriptionists, the Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia 2019 Classic Shirt-Pocket Edition continues its tradition as the leading portable drug reference packed with vital drug information to help clinicians make better decisions at the point of care.
The Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia 2019 Classic Shirt-Pocket Edition details FDA approved drug dosing, available trade and generic formulations, metabolism, safety in pregnancy and lactation, relative drug pricing information, Canadian trade names, and an herbal & alternative therapies section. Multiple tables supplement the drug content, including opioid equivalency, emergency drug infusions, cardiac dysrhythmia protocols, pediatric drug dosing, and much more.
New to the 2019 Edition:
Updated with new drug information
New drugs reflect innovative trimester scheme for describing pregnancy and reproductive risk based on FDA's updated Pregnancy and Lactation Rule
Outpatient pediatric drugs table revised to extend age ranges and reflect new recommendation that volume of liquid doses be measured only in mLs
Renal dose adjustment symbol to indicate when a drug needs a dose adjustment or is contraindicated in renal insufficiency
FDA guideline updates
Removal of discontinued drugs and outdated dosing information
As always, each edition of the Tarascon Pharmacopoeia is meticulously peer-reviewed by experts and is now available in multiple print, mobile, and digital formats. This resource is also available in a Deluxe Lab-Coat version.
8. The Pill Book (15th Edition): New and Revised 15th Edition (Pill Book (Mass Market Paper))
DescriptionNo home should be without this book!
THE CONSUMERS GUIDE TO PILLSCOMPLETELY REVISED 15TH EDITION FOR 2012 WITH MORE THAN 20 IMPORTANT NEW DRUGS AND DOZENS OF NEW BRAND NAMES
For more than three decades, millions of consumers have trusted The Pill Book to provide official, FDA-approved information on more than 1,800 of the most commonly prescribed drugs in the United States, with guidelines from leading pharmacists. Each drug is profiled in a concise, readable, easy-to-understand entry, making The Pill Book the perfect reference when you have questions about the medications your doctor prescribes. Inside youll discover
generic and brand-name listings that can help you save money
what each drug is for, and how it works
usual dosages, and what to do if a dose is skipped
side effects and possible adverse reactions, highlighted for quick reference
interactions with other drugs and food
overdose and addiction potential
alcohol-free and sugar-free medications
the most popular self-injected medications and their safe handling
information for seniors, pregnant and breast-feeding women, children, and others with special needs
cautions and warnings, and when to call your doctor
32 pages of actual-size color photographs of prescription pills
9. Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2018-2019
DescriptionThe classic guide to all major prescription and nonprescription drugs, featuring revised, up-to-date FDA information and an AZ list of illnesses for easy reference.Includes coverage of dosage and length of time before a drug takes effect; side effects; special precautions; interactions with other food and drugs; standards for use by different age groups; and more.
10. 2018 Lippincott Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses
Feature2018 Lippincott Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses
The pocket-sized2018 LippincottPocket Drug Guide for Nurseswill quickly become your go-to guide for important drug facts and vital patient safety tips and alerts.
New to this edition:
- Full monographs on 30 newly approved drugs
- More than 1,500 additions, changes, and updates to indications, dosages, and administration
- Alphabetized by generic name for fingertip access to the information you need
- Includes brand names, drug class, pregnancy risk, and controlled substance schedule for each drug
- Prominent alerts for dangerous drugs and black box warnings
- Special section addressing Patient Safety and Medication Administration
- Appendices on alternative therapies, topical and ophthalmic drugs, laxatives, contraceptives, biologicals, and combination products
- Anatomy of a drug monograph on inside front cover
- Detailed index of all generic and trade names and drug classes included